[thechat] Attacks and Harassment of Middle-Eastern Americans Rising

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Fri Sep 14 10:42:20 CDT 2001

I'm with ya Ron.

I think we're all going to have to work harder to be extra inclusive in the
days ahead ... to go a little further out of our way to let Arab-American
colleagues and acquaintances know that we see them as Americans and that we
do not countenance blind intolerance of any kind.

I was born here - I didn't have to take an oath to become a citizen.  I have
a number of friends who are naturalized citizens. [My sons grandparents, for
example, still bear the tattoos from the Nazi detainments camps.]  Many of
these people have known lack of freedoms and liberties that we take for
granted ... they take it very seriously and don't deserve this kind of shit.

RonL.