[thechat] Word Calculator

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Oct 2 11:56:39 CDT 2001

richard, you are right, and i debated creating the
word calculator for just that reason

but using an ordinary calculator is perfectly okay
for the homework in my daughter's class --
our word calculator is just a little quicker   ;o)

i showed her the javascript and she understood what it
was doing, without any interest beyond trying a few words
and verifying for herself that it was giving the right answers

it wasn't really a "bs" assignment, ron, but i know what you mean...

my daughter's in an advanced class this year and it seems
that a lot of her assignments are very open-ended

it turns out that at least two other kids came back
with the word we had found (heady=499920)

rudy