[thechat] Report Names 'Sweatiest' U.S. City

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 21 17:28:01 CDT 2002

At 3:43 PM -0500 6/21/02, Hugh Blair wrote:
>http://tinyurl.com/g70
>
><quote>
>CHICAGO (Reuters) - Every year there's a new one: Most livable U.S.
>city, friendliest city, town with the best manners. Now comes the
>first annual sweatiest city award.
>Top honors go to San Antonio, Texas.
></quote>

Um...well, yeah, it's sweaty here.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=78209

Updated: 4:53 PM CDT on June 21, 2002
Observed at San Antonio, Texas
Temperature	93° F / 34° C
HeatIndex	94° F / 34° C
Humidity	36%
Dew Point	63° F / 17° C
Wind	East at 13 mph / 20.9 km/h
Wind Gust	-
Pressure	30.11 in / 1019 hPa (Steady)
Conditions	Scattered Clouds
Visibility	10 miles / 16 kilometers
Clouds	(FEW) : 7000 ft / 2135 m
Scattered Clouds (SCT) : 10000 ft / 3050 m
Scattered Clouds (SCT) : 25000 ft / 7622 m

I was looking for something funny to say about it, but I got nothing.
It's just damn hot. It feels like the sun is inches away, the
humidity is insane, and it's pretty flat.

July is terrible. It's been in the 90º's already for weeks, so I
imagine July will be just torrid. I really feel bad for my dog. I
need to get Max a little kiddie pool to lay in.

bob

--

bob davis
bob at bobdavis.org