[thechat] punishment (was: [ugh])

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Jul 9 17:17:09 CDT 2002

>I do consider the statement, "my daugher is gonna kick ass," to be
>an interesting choice of words considering the theme of non-violence
>in the rest of this thread,

good point!

I do think that kicking ass is a very important thing.

Everyone is different.  In my case, I was a very submissive very
"good" child, and as a consequence I got into all kinds of trouble
because I didn't know how to stand up for myself.  It's taken me
years to learn how to be strong, and I'm still learning.

I don't know if there is a healthy level of punishment.
In my case, it never felt healthy.