[thechat] moving to the USA

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Sep 26 17:40:00 CDT 2002

"But at a news conference on Friday, Daeubler-Gmelin said: 'It was
terrible to say I had compared a democratically elected president
with Hitler.'"

Democratically elected?  okay,  That must have been a joke... or a
sly cut.. on her part.

I think the dangerous thing is painting Hitler to be such a monster
so as to think that such a thing couldn't possibly happen again.  Not
with such a nice guy like George W?  right?

Hitler looked kind of cute when he was shaking little children's hands, too.

The fact is that every human being is capable of atrocities given the
right circumstances.  That was seen at places like My Lai when your
good ol' American milk-fed boys freaked out and started killing
everyone in sight.

The circumstances at My Lai were conducive to atrocities.  The
circumstances of being a world leader with a superior military at
your beck and call... also conducive to atrocities.

It is a myth that some people are just born evil... devils incarnate.
All human beings have that potential.

Denial is a dangerous thing.

Erika