[thechat] Just what the world needs...

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 07:21:00 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 12:19 PM, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> I have received one of the worst e-mails ever from one of my other
> lists,
> with a lovely picture background. Clicked the link at the bottom to
> find out
> more and got taken to this page
> http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.html
> How horrible is this?

<Jeff Goldblum>
Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could,
they didn’t stop to think if they should.
</Jeff Goldblum>

I'm just grateful that there aren't any people in the world who would
want to use email like this... oh, wait...

I've started using Apple Mail in OS X as my primary email client, and
have a policy if that someone sends me multimedia or HTML email I'll
use the 'Bounce To Sender' command on it; that way, if it's important,
they'll get a message saying it bounced and they'll ring to see what
happened (and I can ask them to only send plain text, 'cos my firewall
thought it was a virus'), and if it's not I never have to suffer it...

--
Andy Warwick
Creed New Media Design, Nottingham, UK