[thechat] Just what the world needs...

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Tue Oct 22 04:09:05 CDT 2002

At 11:23 18/10/2002 -0400, rudy wrote:
>i would love to communicate with people via video clips
>there are far too many barriers at the moment, though
>typing out words on a keyboard is quaint, and has its place
>this does not stop me from dreaming
>i guarantee that if i were able to send this message to you all as a video
>clip, it would be a lot more interesting than reading these words
>i'm no talking head, eh

   But speech is so sloooow. I read faster than most people, I know this
(when I was 16, I could cover something like 1000 words per minute; turning
the pages in books was the major slowdown). I can still cover 600 wpm, and
speech comes nowhere NEAR that rate of transmission. Now if only I could
type that fast...

   But I think most people can read faster than they can listen? (er.
Y'knowwhattamean.)

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705