[thechat] Shipping costs

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 30 08:33:01 CST 2002

Any idea about what weight that turns into?

Parcelforce has a nice calculator:
http://afis.postoffice.co.uk/Parcelforce/Internet/CustServGuide/Calculator.asp

Here are the options for delivery, and I priced a 1kg package for each one:

 International Datapost:

 Guaranteed delivery to 225 countries and territories worldwide, providing
 by noon delivery to selected destinations (in Zones 4 - 10) (Max weight
 per item 20kg). Expected: 4 days. Guaranteed: 5 days.
 48UKP

 International Scheduled:
 Worldwide delivery (Max weight per item 20kg). Expected: 5 days.
 Guaranteed: 6 days.
 41UKP

 Standard:
 Worldwide delivery to 239 countries and territories (in Zones 4 - 12).
 Europe from three working days and the rest of the world from five working
 days (Max weight per item 20kg). Expected: 7-9 days.
 22.90UKP

 Economy:
 Worldwide delivery to over 200 countries and territories (in Zones 9 -
 12). Europe from 10 working days and the rest of the world from 20 working
 days (Max weight per item 20kg). Expected: 45-48 days.
 15.15UKP

 General info about dispatching from the UK to India:
 http://afis.postoffice.co.uk/Parcelforce/Internet/CustServGuide/CSGCountry
 Info.asp?Country=100

Cheers
Martin

Say, chaps, I had asked my father to get one of his British business
associates to bring a book for me from UK. He said that some of those guys
are nutty. He thinks a better option would be to get one of his good
friends to buy it there and post it to India.

Would you know how much the postage would be for a book to be sent by
regular Air Mail? It's 224 pages paperback.

(This book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0563384689 )

Amazon charges an arm and a couple of legs.