[thechat] Religious dependance

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 16 23:29:05 CST 2003

Jackson Yee wrote:
> If you believe that the universe is random, then it'll make no sense at all.
> If you believe that the universe exists as the designs of a greater being,
> then it makes perfect sense.  So your view of his story comes down to this:
> what do *you* believe?  There are far worse things to become frustrated over
> than someone expressing thanks on a website.

It makes perfect sense in *you* can understand it, or it makes perfect
sense in it's all part of a greater design which you can't understand?

If the latter, then it's really no different from what I believe is it?
If the former explain why people have to suffer torture, mental
disorders, poverty, sickness, rape? How does that make perfect sense?
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/