[thechat] Getting closer

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Feb 7 22:45:00 CST 2003

Just got a call tonight from my daughter -- she's hysterical. Seems my
granddaughter's daddy is off to Ft. McCoy at oh-dark-thirty Monday morning.
Half his unit has already been assigned to Kuwait.

Dunno why I'm telling all of you, but I really hate this. I hate the whole
thing. I'm afraid for him, afraid for all our soldiers and sailors and afraid
for us -- this is bad, this is so very bad and so very wrong.

Most people just yell at me, tell me I'm unpatriotic and all sorts of nasty
names. But this just ain't right.