[thechat] A balance of opinion.

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 17:03:45 CST 2003

> Do you have any friends or family fighting in the war right now?
>
> If you do and you still don't understand, I respect that and appreciate
> that we do not have the same feelings. I'm not saying I'm right, just
> that this is how I feel personally.

Bill, I had family in Desert Storm and I protested then. My entire family
was worried sick. It was an extremely stressful time for us. Fervent fear
and hope were the flavour of the day, day after day.

But we were still anti-war then, and remain largely anti-war now. At no
point did any of us think that our individual choices to oppose and protest
were endangering our family in the forces.

Opposing the war and supporting the troops are not strange bedfellows. As
thousands of protesting war veterans will tell you.

--Sabrina