[thechat] King-Makers are Hero-Makers too!

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Thu May 22 06:14:49 CDT 2003

> http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/19/sprj.irq.bbc.lynch.dod/index.html
>
> <quote>
> The Pentagon denies allegations in a BBC documentary that the
> U.S. military misrepresented the facts of Army Pfc. Jessica
> Lynch's rescue April 1 from an Iraqi hospital to make the
> mission appear more dramatic or heroic . </quote>
>
> Have you seen this documentary?

I haven't seen the documentary, but I have read quite a lot about the
subject. From what I read it seemed clear that facts *had* been
mis-represented (if only because conflicting statements had been
issued), the only question being to what degree.

I move that PR be made a capital crime. Any takers?

Regards

Chris Marsh