[thechat] Why would a conservative vote for a Republicanpresident?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 05:32:37 CDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:12:19 +0100, Isaac Forman <isaac at bigtrip.org> wrote:

> My health is already covered by travel insurance, yet even as a working
> holidaymaker, NI is a compulsory deduction from my pay. I think that's
> unfair. I can't claim it back, so I lose US$30/week for something that I
> will not use.

Maybe you will, maybe you won't

NI pays for the Health service, including the ambulances and paramedics
that come to the aid of thousands of tourists every year.

anyone who works pays towards it.

It's a shame they don't collect more NI and then we might have a much
better Health service.

Think of it as liability tax - you serve people drinks, they get drunk,
they fall over, the NHS patches them up - Karma in action

;o)

Tony

--
http://www.xebit.net/

Sent with M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=627923