[thechat] Asterix and Obelix Movie?

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 21:47:12 CDT 2003

I saw some production photos online a few years ago
that included Gerard Depardieu in Obelix's blue and
white striped pants among other fun and interesting
aspects of A&O. I just realized recently that I never
heard another word about it. I just googled and looked
at several sites and went to imdb.com and sure enough,
there was such a movie. 1999. I'm wondering if the
reason it never showed around here is just that it's
a foreign-language film and theater owners figure us
'murricans are just not going to watch a subtitled or
dubbed movie, or is it because the film was, like,
horrible?

The one brief review I could find at imdb.com said
"All in all I really much enjoyed the movie." Well,
who can argue with that? So, I'm wondering if I should
try to track down the DVD or if my time would be
better
spent removing my fingernails with a pair of pliers.

Terry