[thesite] [Bug] Member bios

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Jan 28 13:22:01 CST 2002

At 12:16 AM 1/29/2002, .jeff wrote:
>already addressed in the current version on t.e.o. that's awaiting rollout.

OK, I just *had* to find a bug to piss you off, so here's another one:

Sometimes, I pass on URLs to people like this:
http://evolt.org/article/PHPTriad/12/20492/

i.e., I leave out the "index.html" at the end.

This creates a problem. When the page is loaded, the link to "Bio" is
"http://evolt.org/article/PHPTriad/12/20492/index.html#bio"

Now, because you're on the page *without* the index.html specified,
clicking on "Bio" reloads the page instead of jumping straight to the
bookmark.

The fix is easy. Just hyperlink the Bio without the URL, keeping only the
bookmark, like this: <a href="#bio">Bio</a>

Then neither type of URL will create a problem.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant