[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #596 - 25 msgs

Andrew Wojtowski awojtowski at oracular.com
Wed Jul 5 09:06:44 CDT 2000

> Subject: [thelist] capturing video for the web
> Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 18:13:28 -0400
> From: Gail Matthews-DeNatale <denatale at tiac.net>
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
>
> I've got a question I was hoping you could shed some light on.
>
> I'm trying to make some Quicktimes for distribution on the web.  For
> digital capture, we have Radius Moto DV.  But it won't let us capture at
> half or quarter screen size, so we capture at full size and then make the
> video half or quarter size when we process it through Quicktime pro (we've
> been using Sorenson Codec).  In any event, when we reduce the size of the
> screen this way, it becomes blurry.
>
> Do any of you have tips or advice?  Are there any other video capture
> programs out there that let you digitize at a smaller screen size?  Expense
> is a concern and we're PC based.
>
> TIA --
> Gail Matthews-DeNatale
>
> Gail Matthews-DeNatale, Ph.D.
> gmdenatale at terc.edu ... http://www.terc.edu ... 617.873.9792
> TERC Online Technology Coordinator ... http://people.ne.mediaone/denatale

What I have always done for video capture is capture full screen and
then compress using a product called Meedia Cleaner Pro
(www.terran.com).  It is a great program that allows you to either use a
wizard if you don't know your video compression settings or use the
advanced settings which will let you get in and let you customize the
set up of the compression. It compresses in many formats including Real,
Quicktime, MPEG, AVI and many audio sets too. Hope this helps.

--
Andrew Wojtowski
Web Interface and Graphics Designer
awojtowski at oracular.com