[thelist] Perl beginner's questions plu Outlook issue

Erik Sabowski Erik.Sabowski at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 18 13:17:40 CDT 2000

just set up a hash, and have it so that the email address is different
based on what the item chosen was

my %emails = (		#slashs are to escape the '@'
	one	=>	this\@hey.com,
	two	=>	that\@you.com,
	three	=>	what\@poof.com,
)

assign your params to variables, and whichever one is used for the
different catagory can be used to choose the right address:

$address = $emails{$cat};

if they chose "two" as the catagory, $address would be "that at you.com"

#airyk

Erin Kissane wrote:

> Erm.  Duh.
>
> Thanks.  I did everything on a mac until recently and now the most basic
> things fall out of my head when I'm working on a pc.
>
> Next question: what's the simplest way for me to have the script mail the
> form results to a different address depending on which category they select
> from a list?  I can think of a couple of ways to do this, but before I start
> flailing, has anyone done this and figured out the simplest way to structure
> it?
>
> Thanks-
> Erin

| Erik M. Sabowski          Computer Assistant       |
| erik.sabowski at noaa.gov    National Geodetic Survey |
|    National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association    |