[thelist] Macromedia vs. Adobe

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Oct 6 23:37:05 CDT 2000

You know, I can't remember if it was always John, but I do remember
there was always a Macromedia person on Monkeyjunkies, and now here,
someone who would jump in and answer questions about Macromedia
products when someone posted them to the list.

Was it always you, John?

In any case, this always made me feel that someone at Macromedia
cares about what web designers think/feel/need/want.  I've never seen
an Adobe rep jump in to these discussions anywhere-- not that I've
done any thorough research.

Little things like can mean a lot.

Now.

I was just getting clip art for my daughter's Halloween invitations
at arttoday.com.  She wanted a couple of .eps files: a cat & a
ballerina with a pumpkin head.  Usually I open these .eps files in
Freehand.  But this time when I tried to open them in Freehand, I got
leetle teeny "0's" tiled everywhere on them.

When I opened them in Illustrator, they were fine.  We exported to
Photoshop, printed them & cut them out.

I wonder what that was all about.

& what do you do with .wmf?

Erika

<tip type="children's halloween party" author="erika">

-Lots of big boxes put together can make a wicked haunted house/cave
for toddlers.

-Make slime by mixing corn starch and enough water to make a medium
paste.  a couple of drops of food color adds a nice effect.  It's
nice & slimy but dries into a powder.

-Apples, trail mix, and string cheese are all good snacks to balance the sugar.

-try some gummi worms in green jello.

-consider dressing the iMac like an alien.  If it's tangerine, use
construction paper for a fun Jack-O-Lantern face.

</tip>

erika at seastorm.com