[thelist] Stickiness?

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Mon Mar 19 15:14:38 CST 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Bailey, Dan wrote:

What follows is generic, and a brief glimpse makes it appear as if you're
already doing the things I point out.  In the meantime, there might be
some lurkers who can use the info as well...

> Well, a few months ago, I posted up my personal site -- www.fontosaurus.com
> -- for your critiques, approval, etc.  Now I've got a new question:  Any
> ideas as to what I can do to increase the "stickiness" of the site?  I'm
> looking to keep people coming back...  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Two things you should do as if your life depended upon it:

1.  Solicit feedback from existing users.  Check your referrer logs, etc.
2.  Update, update, update!

The other thing I can suggest is that you should put user-contributed
content up in lights on the site.  This gives others the incentive to
promote your site for you...

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large
persist1 at io.com

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."
"We will disguise ourselves as a cow."
"Oh!" (giggles) "That was it exactly!"