[thelist] tabs or compressing dictionary lists

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 11:00:43 CST 2001

in straight HTML, no... that's not how <dl>s work...

you could try it with CSS, but i suspect you will be disappointed
with the results...

while it's good that you want to use some structural markup in the
page, the use of the <dl> isn't really appropriate for what you are
doing, nor can you have that much control over its display...

<jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu>

> Is there a way to compress a dictionary list (<dl>) so that the term
> and definition appear on the same line?
>
> the code in question looks like:
>  <DL>
>   <DT>tel :