[thelist] CF and Cybercash

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Mar 20 12:35:09 CST 2001

Greetings,

We're having trouble using ColdFusion and Cybercash and we can't pinpoint
the problem.

We have a custom shopping script (this is the second one built from
scratch, so we're pretty sure the script isn't the problem) that is doing
two things wrong:

   - Dropping records that are processed by Cybercash correctly.  We've
received a payment, but nothing shows up in the database.  We were thinking
this was because the Cybercash was processed before the database
insertion.  Maybe the script timed out before Cybercash gave a
response?  Has this ever been a problem with anyone else?

   - The database and Cybercash are getting out of sync and are bouncing
error messages (ID 'XX' is already in Cybercash's records).  Not sure what
is causing this but I'm thinking it's related to the first problem.

A few other notes about the situation:

   - The database is Access (we know, we know), but it's probably not the
problem.  The app is rarely used (maybe one or two orders in a good week).

   - The hoster is Interland (again, we know, we know), but it's almost
impossible to determine if they're the problem (in this case) short of
transferring, which is probably out of the question at the present.

   - We're using the CFX_CYBERCASH custom tag.  Is there a better custom
tag choice in this case?

And an overall question...is Cybercash even the best choice for
this?  Interland offers support for Verisign as well, is their's any
better?  We're also kicking around moving the site to Rackspace.  So, that
opens up other possibilities.  Who has the best real-time credit card
authorization system that integrates with ColdFusion?  Is Authorize.net good?

Any help with any of this: recommendations, solutions, ideas, whatever,
would be most helpful.

Thanks!
--Ben

Ben Dyer