[thelist] illustrator paths and points

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 06:27:33 CST 2001

> Thanks, Joe and thanks everyone for all your awesome tips. My paths work
> seems to be going much better today because of some of your really great
> suggestions.

I have an Illustrator file with some examples of "mathematically" created
curves using the grid. Email me (with the version of AI you require) if
you'd like me to send it to you. With this file, if you turn on the grid
(with snapping) and click on the paths and points with the direct selection
tool it clearly demonstrates how the curves were created, and most
importantly, how to recreate them.

The trick is to work out where to put the points on the grid, where to pull
out the handles and by how much.

- Charles Roper
reachme at charlesroper.co.uk