[thelist] Sending both HTML and plaintext email

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Fri Mar 23 16:45:55 CST 2001

>I personally want advertisers to know AS MUCH as they want about
me...cause
>I want relevant information from them.  That's why I shop at Amazon.  They
>KNOW me.

I used to think that way. But the number of advertisers who actually *do*
tailor their pitches according to what they know is, from my experience, so
miniscule that I have since reversed myself. I would prefer to receive no
advertising at all. The time I would waste looking for something I actually
needed/wanted would be smaller by an order of magnitude or more than the
time I currently waste dealing with mistargeted marketing.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com