[thelist] Form question

Michael Galvin mpgalvin at eircom.net
Fri Mar 23 17:08:30 CST 2001

[Yeah, that's a pretty generalistic subject, but I had no other succint way
to put this problem]

I have a form which requests a name.  I want to use the contents of that
form to call a perl script.  I don't want a second page, requesting the user
to click a link to run the perl script.  Ideally, they would think they're
submitting their name, but really, they're just running the script.  Now,
the script needs to be called like so

script.pl?name= ...

followed by the name the user enters into the form.  If I type in Mich, and
click the submit button, I want the script.pl to be run with name=Mich as
the parameter.

Is this at all possible?

Michael