[thelist] help: automatic alias generation??

Pearson, John JOHN.PEARSON at eia.doe.gov
Wed Apr 4 13:26:38 CDT 2001

We have gotten into the mode of having very long directory and file names on part
of our site resulting in incredibly long URL's.  Stupid but it felt good in the
beginning.  Now any self respecting e-mailer wraps the URLs sometimes into three
lines!

Before we write it, is any one familiar with any asp or cfm based app that will
autogenerate a short alias for use in e-mail and then serve as the back end to
decode the alias for a redirect?

<tip>Never start out building a long name directory structure.  In the end
nothing will handle the URL's </tip>