[thelist] PhP- cookies enigma ! (fwd)

djc at members.evolt.org djc at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 6 09:20:41 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:55:56 -0400
From: "[iso-8859-1] Stéphane Gosselin" <stef at cfusions.com>
To: thelist-admin-lists.evolt.org <thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: PhP- cookies enigma !

Hey. I have this script running at
http://www.cfusions.com/tt2k1/index.php3  and I have a problem with my
setcookie() function.

You may login under Nicole Baxter , password nicole  and see the
short-lived ( depending on your connection speed) error message.

  Everytime the login function is called, we always get an error message
telling me I am trying to set the cookie after the header has been sent.
According to my script, the header is sent AFTER the cookie.
But then again, I'm new to php.

  I have a tcp/ip dump if it can help,  I can t see my cookie in the dump (
maybe cuz it wasn t set?) Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, never
thought I'd spend HOURS fumbling with.... cookies.

Thanks again.

Stéphane Gosselin
stef at cfusions.com
1 (450) 778-0759
www.cfusions.com
CFusions - Développement Internet Avant-Gardiste