[thelist] Site Critique?

Jamie Bakum jamie.bakum at circle.com
Fri Aug 31 09:50:32 CDT 2001

> I'm wondering if you could take a look at
>
> http://www.framarstudios.com/

Hi Frank -

One thing I noticed with colors -

Not sure if you were trying to match them, but the brick red in the logo
doesn't match the bright red text headers you have (at least on my system,
Mac OS 9.1, IE5) and it's unlikely (impossible) you could get them to render
the same across browsers and platforms (unless they were all gifs, which
defeats the purpose of the style sheets).

They're close enough in hue that they're fighting with each other - so
perhaps you might play with the header color. One effect I find works well
with headers is to try one of the greys (#666666 or #999999 to start) so
they're set off from the body text but still a neutral color -

Just my .02 cents.

(When did the cent key disappear from the keyboard? I remember it on my
Dad's Smith-Corona, but I thought I remember computers with it too. Ahh well
- rapidly becoming a boring old fart...)
---

Jamie Bakum