[thelist] Browser to front -- is it just me? + tip

l a u r a *^* l y n c h cyberminkie at cyberwhirled.com
Fri Nov 9 16:26:47 CST 2001

Quick Q: I've noticed recently - past week or so - that  when I click a
link from email then go back to reading my email while I wait for the site
to load, the browser will keep trying to bring focus back to itself (thus
popping over my email). I'm using IE 5.5/Win98 and haven't recently
upgraded it nor do I recall changing the settings. These are largely sites
I haven't had this problem with in the past, so I'm wondering if it's
something in my settings (just because I don't recall changing them doesn't
mean I didn't) or if they've 'improved' their sites. Basically, can anyone
help me make this go away?

l a u r a *^* l y n c h
design doyen @ cyberwhirled
http://www.cyberwhirled.com
ICQ: 1797450 AIM: cyberminkie

<tip type="software installation - Win9x">
If you're having trouble with an installer freezing, you may be able
bludgeon it into your system by copying the install to a temp folder on
your hard drive (if it's on a CD or Zip - not necessary if it was a
download) and installing it from Safe Mode.  Some installers seem to hang
because of driver conflicts, and of course Safe Mode disables all but the
bare minimum.
</tip>