[thelist] CSS Question

Tim Walling tim.walling at circle.com
Mon Dec 31 08:32:58 CST 2001

Hershel,

Try using something like this in your styles:

A.nav {
font-family:Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px; color:#FFFFFF;
text-decoration:none;
font-weight:bold;
}

A.nav:hover {
color:#ffffcc;
text-decoration:underline;
}

A.nav:active {
color:#FFFFFF;
}

A.nav:visited {
color:#FFFFFF;
}

A.leftnav {
font-family:Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px; color:#FFFFFF;
text-decoration:none;
font-weight:bold;
}

A.leftnav:hover {
color:#6666cc;
text-decoration:underline;
}

A.leftnav:active {
color:#666666;
}

A.leftnav:visited {
color:#666666;
}

Then you can either put either class (nav or leftnav) on any link you want
to take those attributes or sometimes you can surround groups of links with
a div tag and apply the class to the div tag which cuts down on your work.
Look at cnn.com since I'm pretty sure they still use this method. I know
espn.com used to but I just checked and it looks like all of their link
rollovers are same color now. Hope this helps.

Tim