[thelist] The use of color (was site header and logo)

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Mon Dec 31 10:11:23 CST 2001

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Heather Quinn wrote:

> Hi, Ben.
>
> Your color knowledge goes way beyond mine.  Would you be willing to
> write an Evolt article on color on the web?

Erm, my formal training in the subject is exactly... zero.  If I read like
any kind of expert, it's because I write well.  *grin*

For me to do justice to the subject would probably require several days of
research that I don't have; I'm positively swamped right now.  :-(

I've not had the time to check out the links that Don passed along, but I
imagine they'd be a great start.

While the following focusses more on the technical aspects (as opposed to
the practical, CHI, or aesthetic ones), there are sure to be a few gems:

http://www.digital-web.com/resources/webcolors.shtml

Related suggestion for thesite subscribers:  perhaps it'd be a good idea
to put more detail into the taxonomy of the site, so that the archive of
articles could be effectively browsed by visitors searching for material
on a very narrow topic?

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."