[thelist] Small Type

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Jan 3 04:17:57 CST 2002

> Why not use relative sized fonts and give the user an easy way to
> change the base text size? It can be done server- or client-side,
> and users love being given that control.

Mmmh.

Friends of mine, who *work* on the web as graphics artists, went to
nota-bene.org and went "ooooh, did you have to make your text *so* big???"

I had to explain to them that by default IE55 gave a bigger font and they
could manually make it back to normal, and that *I* didn't code it so big
but their browser by default showed it so big.

I'm not sure so many users think in terms of their browser being able to
displmay bigger fonts. I wouldn't count on it actually.