[thelist] !important and user defined style sheets

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:30:46 CST 2002

>>Is !important already really supported?
>>
>>Does anyone really use user-defined style sheets?
>
>i've only run into 2 people who used their own defined css; they were both
>vision-impaired employees who for some sites could see if they used their
>own special css and a magnifying screen thing; for other sites they used
>JAWS, a screen reader. so i think it's mostly an accessibility thing.

Yes, that makes sense. What I'm wondering is how they found out what to do
to define their own style sheet. It wouldn't be easy for people without web
development knowledge, I guess.

So what would people set in their own style sheets? Font size and colour,
obviously, maybe link colour, but can anyone think of something else?

Curious,

ppk