[thelist] Community commenting question

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Mon Feb 11 11:40:00 CST 2002

> so: how do I deal with this:
> I don't want interesting discussions to go lost on some page instead of on
> the forum, + they won't get too many responses there.

if this really is an issue, then you could perhaps hack the forum to display
the article comments as a thread. each article has one thread. the comments
would be shown in both the forum *and* beneath the news article.

this way, people who only view/use the forum will be attracted to the
articles and vice versa. it's also a nice way to get lurkers into the forum
who wouldn't ordinarily post.

> I get the impressions also some people think the comment will go
> straight to
> me (they ask me personally questions) instead of being published on the
> page.

simple, make it clearer. you could even say 'add to this article', instead
of 'comment'. users would then know exactly where their comments were going.
it may even encourage them to get involved! ;o)

hope this helps.

benji
inchima.com