[thelist] Form/DB Interface Generators?

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Wed May 1 07:30:01 CDT 2002

> lately i find myself coding a lot of smallish applications
> that provide form-based web interfaces to a database
> (sometimes referred to as "administration interfaces"). does
> anyone know of a tool that can assist building such db
> interfaces? i'm thinking of something that would allow me to
> associate certain table columns with a form element, and it
> would automagically build an application with forms and sql
> statement to list/insert/modify/delete records.

dreamweaver allows you to integrate nicely with database sources.

however, to do what you want to do, it might be worth taking a look at:
http://www.interakt.ro/products/NeXTensio/

which does the automagical form creation that you want, as well as the
programming logic behind it for add/edit/delete functions. sounds like
something you could use?

works with php and asp.

benji
inchima.com