[thelist] How much for something like this?

Kevin p+evolt at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu May 2 06:41:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:06:06AM +0000, phil crawford wrote:
> > > From: Chuck Law <emodia13 at yahoo.com>
> > > how much should i charge for a website like this one????

> >how many hours would it take you to make this?
> >what's your hourly rate?
> >multiply those two numbers...

> To that, I'd add:
> *** Charge what the customer will pay ***

I'd disagree strongly with that, you should charge someone what the job is
worth, not what they'll pay. (only perhaps ina  charity situation you'd lower
the price)
When you walk into a shop to buy something, they don't hike up the price if
someone with nice suit comes in.

Also, regarding the hourly rate, you should also rate your quality of work.
For exampel if you're quite new to web design and you spent 1/2 your time
learning bits of HTML, then personally I wouldn't charge for that (as much)
since in theory you should already know that.

That's my thoughs on it.
(o:

- Kevin