[thelist] ASP URLDecode

Howard Cheng howcheng at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 3 11:23:01 CDT 2002

I haven't written one specifically in VBScript, but I have it in Perl:

$url = "http%3A//";
$url =~ s/%(..)/chr(hex($1))/ge;

So it shouldn't be too hard to convert. Unfortunately Hex() in VBScript
converts a base 10 number to hexadecimal, and I can't find a function
that  does the reverse.

Anyway, I hope this at least can put you on the right path.

At 10:36 AM 5/3/2002 -0400, Tab Alleman wrote:
>Have any of you good people out there written an URLDecode function for
>ASP?  Willing to share it with the world?  Or at least share it with me?

Howard Cheng
howcheng at ix.netcom.com
AIM: bennyphoebe
ICQ: 47319315