[thelist] quicktime 360 degree pictures filesize

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Aug 4 17:33:53 CDT 2003

Tony Crockford <mailto:tonyc at boldfish.co.uk>
    on Monday, August 04, 2003 3:24 PM said:

> I know you said Quicktime, but have you seen this:
> http://www.duckware.com/goround/index.html
> Goround by Duckware

Looks pretty good.

Here are two things I thought of:

1. Is it more likely for someone to view a GoRound file than it is for
them to view a QTVR file? I want the widest audience to be able to view
these. I suppose I could do both and give the user a choice as a last
alternative.

2. It's not very usable. You have to click and drag your mouse which is
fine. But it only turns the image about 90 degrees before it stops even
though your mouse has about half a screen left to go. I wanted it to
continuously turn the image until my mouse stopped moving. Anyway around
that?

Chris.