[thelist] Denial of Service attack.... how easy are they?

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Mon Oct 27 16:45:50 CST 2003

John C Bullas Sent: 27 October 2003 19:50

>How come I read so much about denial of service attack vulnerabilities
>having ot be covered?

>Are they easy? Can people just do them from one PC or do they have to get
>a bank of them to "do the deed"

>Read about this "UK" youth who tied up The Port of Houston from his home
PC?

He was innocent.

Teenager cleared of hacking
Mr Aaron Caffrey walked free from court after being acquitted
A teenager has been cleared of trying to bring one of the US's biggest ports
to a standstill by hacking into its computer systems.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/dorset/3197446.stm

Questions cloud cyber crime cases
The acquittal of a teenager accused of carrying out a high-profile hack
attack has cast doubts over future computer crime prosecutions, say experts.

Kind regards,
Liam