[thelist] Tiling Div backgrounds 100%

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Thu Oct 30 16:34:35 CST 2003

I've got a site where I'm trying to have a background div expand vertically to match whatever the page content is.

I've looked in the archives and on the web and thought I had it set up correctly, but it doesn't appear to be working (at least, not in IE).

Here's the test site: http://www.squidswimteam.org/dev/

Here are the relevant style definitions in the style sheet:

body {
	height:100%;
	width:100%;
	background-color: rgb(225,236,238);
	margin: 0px;
	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans, Sans-Serif;
	font-size: 0.8em;
}

html {
	height:100%;
	width:100%;
}

The layers in question from the source are primarily:  menuBottomL, laneLineBottom, and mainContent

I'm open to suggestions on what I might be doing wrong.  The alternative is to have the menuBottomL and laneLineBottom layers a fixed height and give them "graceful" bottom endings.

(and, yes, I know the page doesn't validate.  The only part that shouldn't validate now is content created by a WYSIWYG editing widget that I can't really help.)

Thanks!

Scott