[thelist] What am I missing about creating static pages using technology such as java server pages or asp.net?

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Jan 9 08:26:41 CST 2004

Jsp, php, asp, cfm, and all the rest all allow for database and
server-side interactions that html/css can't even touch.

Are they updatable by you- sure- as long as you re-use their scripts and
they aren't looking for new database stuff.
Most of the time, a db query will export into a "template" like html
files, where the varibles/content pulled from the database fill in the
blank.

Quick example:

Template:

The variables for name and phone would get filled in from the DB pull.

But in a nutshell, you are missing out on 98% of the power of the
internet :)