[thelist] any phpMyAdmin experts out there?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 17:45:47 CDT 2004

--- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:

> weird.
>
> I have to say that there have been occasions installing PHPmyadmin
> that it wouldn't accept any other user than root.
>
> I'd hazard a guess that it's not looking at the right port or
> somesuch,
> have you tried a different setting in config.inc.php here:
>
> $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host']          = 'localhost'; // MySQL
> hostname or
> IP address

Well, I have to put in my IP - because localhost is already being
used...correct?

> have tried your IP address, given that you have other stuff running
> as  localhost?

Ooops, I jsut said that lol. yes, that is waht I am trying. Localhost
wont work.

> why not run a port scan on your machine and check where everything
> is
> actually listening.

Ah! Did a scan. Says mySQL is on 3306 - not 3308! Yet I set it in
mySQL ini as 3308! Is there some way I can change this via command
line? Its hows 3308 in myWinSQLAdmin..

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

There is no missing link, just a fist shaken toward God.