[thelist] Stylish file/dev server [was: [OT?] Apple Questions]

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Wed Apr 28 06:32:30 CDT 2004

Hello Howard,

> As a server?
>
> You must be talking about a pro-sumer setup right?  Freelancer or someone
> similar?  I can¹t see that dishing out the goods to a small/medium work
> group very well.

Yes, as a server :-) And yes, for somebody working alone (or maybe with
one or two other person) in a home office - definitely not for a medium
work group, oh no. But in a home office where the looks and sound of the
box may be important this kind of computer has it's place. I wouldn't
want an ugly and noisy server in my room... Obviously this is not a
'real' server, but just to hold one persons files and test their PHPs or
ASPs this is well enough.

Looks like this is a new server class then: below work group server we
now have a personal server :-)

.k