[thelist] Selling alcohol

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jan 25 10:14:38 CST 2005

Message from Richard Livsey (1/25/2005 07:39 AM)
>Are there any specific rules to selling alcohol on the web?
>
>I assume laws are going to be different in different countries just to
>make it even more interesting?
>Initially the site will be UK based, but at some point probably aimed at
>the US and other markets too.

There was this article in MIT's Technology Review a couple weeks back
http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/04/12/wo_asbrand121404.asp?p=1

>Is there anything I need to watch out for, like making sure you only sell
>to 18 year olds (IE by accepting credit cards only or something?).

 From what I've seen on the few alcohol sites I've visited it goes a step
further - they display a "If you're under 18 leave now". I don't know if
that's voluntary or legally enforced though.

And if you get across to the US remember it's 21, not 18.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/