[thelist] Using JavaScript for non-clickable email addresses

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 10:26:40 CST 2005

Richard,

When looking at your code I see that in the head you have:
/>

Even though your address is "protected" in the footer, I am guessing a
SPAM bot would see your address in the header and harvest that.  I am
not sure about that, but I think anything in the source code is fair
game for bots.  You might want to reconsider having your address in the
header if you don't want it to be harvested.  Again, I could be wrong
about this, but it's something to look into.

Final word is hat the only safe method is a back-end/sever-side
approach, which for now I cannot do.

Thanks for your replay.