[thelist] Dynamic Drive on Webserver

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Jul 5 20:33:49 CDT 2005

I have a Windows 2000 webserver.  In it we had defined 2 hard disks.  One
basic for the OS, and one dynamic.  Starting today, the dynamic drive is
acting funny.  It's not showing up with a drive letter.  In the Disk Manager
I'm seeing the drive twice, once as "Failed Missing" and once as
"Unallocated Basic".

My thought is that Windows is detecting the drive but isn't equating the
drive to the Dynamic Drive information that was already configured.  Any
thoughts on how to return this webserver's second drive to operation?

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/