[thelist] internet on a laptop

Lightning oktellme at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 10:18:07 CDT 2005

I am tired of going places, and finding I cannot hook up to an internet.

I've bought all the right equipment to be compatible with every environment.
But often I run into security stops. The host can't or won't let me hook my
computer to their system.

Now I am looking into a wireless solution.

I find I don't even know the vocabulary to search the web!

Can someone tell me what service and what equipment I need to know about?
What urls might clarify this for me?

Do I keep my home-based provider(Comcast), or will I replace my provider?

Also, can I assume any such solution also comes with a phone?

thanks
Laura