[thelist] wireless router and a vpn?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Jul 23 01:28:16 CDT 2005

Ken Schaefer wrote:
> Your client machines should have VPN clients built in.
>
> At the other end (e.g. your office) you need a VPN server (or endpoint). All
> you need to do is buy a wireless router/access point that supports acting as
> a VPN server. All the major vendors have such products.
>
> Alternatively, just buy a router that's a VPN server -and- attach a separate
> wireless access point. The router will do the routing, the wireless access
> point just rebroadcasts stuff wirelessly.

Also, check with your internet provider.  In our case, the modem/router
that we recieved from the ISP already had VPN capabilities, so it was
just a plug-and-pray thing.

As far as wireless routers go, Linksys (now a part of Cisco) has some
great products that I have used for a long, long time.

HTH,
Burhan