[thelist] check if the file is available on the other server

Kirill Voronin k.voronin at e3internet.com
Tue Nov 22 07:25:15 CST 2005

hi,

I have php script, which need check if the file(video stream) (i.e.
test.wmv) is available on the other server (mms://wms03.makeni.net/).

how can i do this?

I've already tried
 fopen function

$fp = @fopen("mms://wms03.makeni.net/test.wmv", "r");
 if ($fp) return true; else return false;

But it's always true in any case (available file or not).

I've tried:

$fp = @fopen("http://wms03.makeni.net/test.wmv", "r");
 if ($fp) return true; else return false;

The same situation.

Function returns always true.

I've also tried is_readable, file_exists functions but i know that they
work  only on the same server.

But I need check if the file is available on the OTHER server.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Or if it's not possiblу to do, say me please.

web-developer,
www.e3internet.com