[thelist] Managing static content with multiple content-owners

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Feb 23 16:42:28 CST 2006

Paul Bennett wrote:
> Does anyone know of any software (paid is fine, it's not my money :) ) that could manage a whole bunch of static content and the sending out of 'update your page' reminders?
> Can anyone think of a simple solution that I'm missing?

Perhaps you could code a script to run periodically by cron (or Win
equivalent) that would check the file dates on all the files and send
email reminders accordingly?  Seems like the only big hurdle would be to
keep track of who-owns-which static page.  I assume you already have
either a registry or some method of tagging the files to designate
content ownership (directory names?), in which case the cron script
would be [almost] trivial.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/