[thelist] hosting problem

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Tue Dec 5 11:33:02 CST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 10:19 -0700, Bob Meetin wrote:
> Update - the hosting company remains invisible, still no response to my
> requests.  I read Julian's reply, also Marc's.  The bottom line of
> course (future) is to not register a domain with a hosting company that
> registers the domain and refuses to hand over panel access - this is a
> lesson learned.
> </snip>
> Godaddy also suggested checking that the registrar is registered with
> ICANN - which of course they are not a member as they are a
> reseller.

That's actually a good thing.

If the company not cooperating is just a domain reseller you may have a
hope. It's a relatively small community between the big players of the
Certified Registrars, trace the whois down to the actual certified
registrar and contact them instead and let them know what is going on.
--
cheers,

        Mark